Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ever Lovely Weekend...




The Kumar Show "Stripped Bare & Standing Up" was highly anticipated and 06th March finally arrived... Yeap, dearie booked the tickets early beforehand somewhere in february before the tickets are SOLD OUT.

The big day finally arrived (last Saturday) and dearie and I met up at City Hall mrt control since he was not driving... Since I had slept earlier before he smsed me, I was still groggy when he called me early in the morning since I was still happily in my dreamland. He actually planned to meet-up at 1pm but as expected, I was late since I woke up around 11am.

We actually wanted to catch lunch before we entered the auditorium but since we reached City Hall around 2:00pm, we had hardly time to savor any good food before hitting the seats. Therefore, dearie suggested we grab a munch at Haagen Daz Esplanade before hitting our seats..

Haagen's chocolate cookies' ice cream with macadamia nuts ice cream with 2 cookies crumbs are really awesome!!


See how luxurious the whipped cream, cookies and ice cream combination was!!!


And dearie was kinda impatient to munch it down...

*****

Anyway, Kumar's show really deserved two thumbs-up!!! A totally talented comedian, he really made my day! I was superbly amused by his creativity in the lame jokes he made up (hey, it really takes talent to make up jokes whereby people find it farnie lor! ^^) Kumar blended jokes politically and sensually and from the start whereby he appeared in the auditorium, I was laughing my head off all the way till the end of the show! Sadly, there were never any encores...

Nevertheless, there was a little something; a memorable gift which we collected at the booth after we watched the show...





Hehe.. we took a small brochure as a keepsake for attending the show, and also as a momento to mark my first time to the esplanade... The brochure was really cute, and it also had a part of the biography of Kumar...


Not to mention the credits...


On the other side of the fold-up brochure, there's a picture of his younger self...


And to our very shocking amazement
...........................................

This was found at the other side of the folded page...


(=.="")

Yup, apparently, Okamoto condoms was one of the sponsors... Wow, how surprised I was to actually see a packaged condom with aloe vera content!! Haha.. Very "disturbing" but nice momento..*blushes*

******

We headed down to Orchard - apparently to repair my ipod and I did quite alot of shopping at Mango. As we were both starved, the next stop we headed to was Californian Pizza House...

We ordered peking duck pizza and miso chicken salad... Wow, I was kinda surprised that we could control our drooling in order to take pictures for blogging...



Up-close and personal picture of the pizza itself...


the glorious miso-chicken salad... 


I really loved the miso-chicken salad.. It actually comes in 3 different mixture flavours - chicken/prawn and crab i guessed; and the salad itself had a mixture of generous chicken slices, edamame beans, wonton crisps, onions, avocados, carrots and lettuce slices...Mmmmm... The peking duck pizza was also SSUPERBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm, it might sound like a weird combination since hardly did I see any peking duck pizza in any pizza lots before, but in Californian Kitchen, there was!!!

As both of us were still thrilled by our Kumar's show, we decided that there would be no movies for the day and we headed back home...

*************

Sunday dearie drove me to Pacific Plaza to repair my DKNY watch and we roamed around far east plaza... Bought a pair of nice flats and had a great munch of chicken with honey flavoured teh-oh! =)

I mentioned to dearie that I had never been to Central@Clarke Quay before and he gladly took me there for dinner. ^^ 
*smiles*

Gosh, the carpark was terrible since you had to go dunno-how-many-rounds before you reached the carpark if you drove, and my head was spinningzz when we reached the carpark. As usual, dinner wasn't disappointing and this time round, we dined @
Waraku.....

Dearie ordered curry beef udon...


I ordered shell udon (hahaha shell sounded so lame, but sorry I couldn't remember the name of the shell).. Look how steaming hot it was... The noodle looked so smoky that I decided to take it in another angle...



We ordered two other sides besides the udon...


Yaki Bacon with inoki


Barbequed Mentaiko... (my favourite)

We walked around the street of Clarke Quay and dearie bought a chio T-shirt which responded to music grooves (aiyah I forgot to take picture =.=) We lazed around the steps beside the quay awhile, enjoying the night lighting scenery which it had never occurred to me before (whenever I popped by clarke quay to chiong) that it was beautiful. 

It was really fun, just lazing around and watching people played the catapult...

No comments: