Tuesday, March 16, 2010

R.I.P - a tribute to my ipod...

A very sad bidding a farewell to my dearest, sweetest, followed-me-longest mp3 player...


This tragic citizen of the Ipod Movie family was confirmed and pronounced DEAD on the 06th March 2010. As mentioned in previously in one of my earlier posts, this lovely music-making player (which had been following me since my poly days) sank and drowned in my Longchamps bag somewhere in Marina South site while I was doing site visit with my colleague.

This poor 5-year-old victim named "miyavi" was sleeping peacefully in its GUCCI pouch when it got hit by a wave of nescafe tsunami... Trapped helplessly in the tides of the nescafe, it screamed but its screams never reached its poor owner (me) while it struggled helplessly to stay afloat and alive... The rescue team (me and fellow colleague) came and tried to rescue it with the rest of the fellow victims (my wallet, cardholder, charmy organiser, thumbdrive, makeup pouch etc. etc.) Paramedics tried to recover "miyavi" and it was sent to the hospital (my room) that very night where it struggled to stay alive by opening its eyes (the lighted screen) for 5 seconds when it sank into a deep coma for 3 days...

"miyavi" was finally sent to the I.C.U (ipod service center) last saturday - 06th March since I was off work whereby it was proclaimed dead at the scene when its internal hard disk crashed and battery flat...An operation to recover it was tried by the ipod paramedic to revive its hard disk (the staff asked me to pay $250+ to change its hard disk) but was turned down cruelly by its owner (me) since I could not bear it to suffer anymore... (Haha, that was a joke since it was asking too much for the servicing; I might rather get a brand new ipod).




Its funeral was held that very night in its lovely coffin (my original ipod box) whereby it was buried and will rest in peace forever in my very room...

******

Anyway, a lovely surprise came that very day when its funeral was held...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*




A lovely present came from dearie...


An ipod nano 5th generation...

Dearie heard about the tragic nascafe tsunami accident that night when it happened and he wanted to give me a special surprise. Therefore he bought the nano without asking for my consent whether I wanted it or not - since he did not want me to suffer the pain of losing music in my life.. He chose black as he thought that was the most unique and nicest color amongst the rest of the colors launched; and he even bought me a magnetic pouch to protect it from scratches...

I was really shocked when he passed me the gift; since I was kinda upset that very night when the incident happened; I did not want to hang on the phone conversation as my mood was really bad. He casually mentioned to me that he would be getting another ipod for me, but I did not think and considered it that much as a passing remark. I still remembered I hung up the phone abruptly after a very short conversation; and was emo with myself that whole night.

He tried to surprise me with the ipod when he passed the ipod to me when we reached Esplanade before the Kumar show so as to lighten up my spirits abit... Dearie was really nice as he even went to Wheelock place with me together after the show to find out whether my ipod movie could be repaired or not. Despite it couldn't, I am really pleased with the nano, and I simply couldn't explain nor describe how touched I was to receive that as a gift!

This new ipod nano 5th generation was really amazingly "slim" and "sleak" and the features are simply intriguing. 




Art thumbnails of albums will be shown whenever a song is selected and played; and you can even shuffle and change songs simply by shaking it. When unplugged from the earphones, nano will continue to play music; and you can even listen to fm radio with it. Apart from the artiste/album thumbnail, it also displays your songs collection albums once you placed the ipod sideways...




Besides all this amazing features (which I seriously think of them as amazing!) It comes with a small camera at the back hidden at the bottom left of the ipod - whereby you can actually take short video clips with your ipod! (though it could not take pictures)



Dearie got me the 16gb version of the nano - even though he remarked that this was to be a temporary one since ipod touch was abit pricey. Nevertheless, I feel that it is just enough; sometimes it doesn't need to be the best of the best, because I enjoyed music as what it was, just like the relationship between me and him... we might not be the "perfect~est" for each other, but we loved each other the way we are...

No comments: