Sunday, July 19, 2009

17 July - Trip to Singapore Turf Club

Yesterday, for the first time of my life, I stepped into the grounds of Singapore Turf Club... Never did I thought that in my this entire life, will I actually step into the horse-racing grounds because I do not and I am not interested in gambling..

I actually hated this place, because my dad's a possessive gambler, and it was because of horse-racing, that made our lives difficult in the past. Anyway, that was the so-called "ticket" which was assigned to each of us for the entry to the Bukit Box..

Hehe.. That was the venue for our company's unofficial dinner.. =) The place is really grand, too bad I was not in the mood to take pictures of the ground of function. Hmm... i guess all have seen the venue in movies and hong kong dramas --> whereby those richman uncles and aunties gathered to view the horses racing from a private box.. kekeke its EXACTLY the same!!! Never have I thought that I have such a chance to try and attend such a function myself! =P


Here's a glimpse of the view you all will get from the "Bukit Box" (the name of the function room). This pic is actually taken at the smoking area, whereby people can smoke and cheer and have a sense of the tense atmosphere hearing the loud cheering downstairs..

My hand ached alot cos I was standby~ing the whole time to take this picture whereby the horses raced across the finish line...


The big LCD screen is to show everybody the zoomed-in pictures of the horses...


The winning horse gets to pose at this area... Wow.. see the huge crowd of uncles and aunties gathered downstairs.. I am really shocked that there are actually such a huge crowd of "Lan Du Gui" (gambling ghosts)... dunno what's so addictive of horse-racing *Scratch head*

Thanks to Michael, me and Wanqiu managed to grab this cute picture together with the turf in the background!! Aiyah.. we forget to get a full body hor babe.. show our sexy leggings haha!

Hehehe... being a VIP is good lor.. even the toilet is also very grand!! We decided to click a shot in the toilet! xP

The best part of the dinner is the lucky draw.. ML made the whole crowd laughed like crazy! Both me and Qiu won prizes too.. kekeke and the best part is the presents are actually the ones we prepared and bought earlier in the afternoon. What a coincidence!

Anyway, having something is better than nothing.. =) As usual, the gang of SH chiongsters made our way to our 2nd party time - St.James with a few new members... Its a waste that Molvida fullhouse..awww... =(

No comments: