Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bintan Day 2 (Bintan Holiday 23.06.2010 - 25.06.2010)

Its been a very long time ever since I've updated about my Bintan holiday details with dearie since my Bintan Day 1 post. I could still recall my "Day 1" holiday was posted somewhere in early July. Despite that I am currently not working (and had so much free time) yet I was still so busy. Indeed, the whole one month was precious moments spent with dearie (he purposely took 1-week leave to accompany me) and we were both sooooo obsessed with catching plushies (ufo-catching).

Well anyway, I would like to continue and blog about Bintan Day 2 & 3 as they were really lovely memories I've had spent.
**********


Yay!! Day 2 wasn't as bad as much expected. After Day 1's heavy downpours, we had predicted the next day as much similar as it was compared to Day 1's... After all, the climate had changed and apparently Day 1 had been a day of mostly indoor activities...



Fortunately, the weather was just fine - sunny and breezy with shades of gleaming sunlight...Since our holiday booking included some activities (different activities such as horse-riding/elephant riding/archery/banana-boat etc etc.); we decided to head ourselves to the Leisure Center after we had our breakfast... It would be a waste if we were to slack indoors...




A 5-minute walk away from the hotel lobby, Nirwana's Leisure Center is packed with lots of fun-filled activities... There is a trampoline for children (at the left), air-rifle shooting (at the right), resting area (center), horse riding (further right), elephant park (further left), bicycle and scooter rental (further center), beach (furthest end).

We decided to explore around the area before we decide on the activities... Anyway, my initial reaction was to "HEAD TOWARDS THE HORSES!!!" Well, I could actually hear them neighing in the distance, and I got so pumped-up because the very last time I had actually seen a horse was during my primary school days whereby teachers brought us for school excursions (and erhem - ages since I've been to the zoo and I had never seen a horse since...)
We took some pictures.

(they even had a horse carriage)

(is this supposed to be a stallion?!)


(this chap kept moving 
and 
I was so afraid that it might just turned over and chew my finger off...
so I kept my distance...)

(managed to get a little closer! with the trainer around)

*****

Anyway it was kinda HOT and HUMID and neither dearie and I were quite interested in horse-riding (for 1 round) since we both preferred more ACTION-PACKED activities and eventually we chose ARCHERY and AIR-RIFLE!!! ^^ As much of you might have guessed, these activities were both my first tries... We undergo some briefing and demonstrations from their instructors and off to our tries...



I was simply mesmerized with Legolas (from the Lord of The Rings) but nevertheless, (trust me), ARCHERY IS DEFINITELY NOT AS EASY AS IT SEEMED!!!!! Despite that we had only around 30 arrows, our hands ached really hell lotss!!!

(Yay! Managed to grab some Bull's Eyes and finally ZERO arrows!)
=D

We never took any pictures while shooting the air-rifles because the stupid rifles are too heavy! I wonder how much heavier an actual rifle really is!!

To all snipers out there... CLAPS!! --> I salute you all!!

As we were walking back towards the hotel lobby, dearie suddenly grew excited when he saw the "Flying Fox"... (=.=") and as you all knew that I had phobia of vertical heights, I was dragged along with him. Flashbacks of the time when I rode Sunway's roller coaster (it was really memorable because it was the first time i rode one and i cried like hell) flashed into my head once more... Haiz, I grabbed much of courage and decided not to disappoint dearie since he kinda "psychoed" me and was soooooo enthusiastic about it...

(a faint cheeky smile but inside praying NOT to cry again)

(I'm still halfway through...
dearie was already at its peak and I tell you 
- the steps are fucking tall and difficult to climb lor!
Worst Part - the steps and decks are "see-through)

(finally at the TOP! i'm FEAR-stricken as written on my face 
- my fists were tightly-clenched around the railings and they never left once I reached the TOP!)



This was a picture of where I was standing. Can you see "me" in the middle? Imagine they are actually building another higher version of the "Flying-Fox" right at the top!!! Wtf! This picture was actually taken by dearie since he had already "flown" and my camera was kept with him... Honestly at that point of time,
I CHICKENED OUT!!!!
The instructor kept cheering me on and tried to calm me down, but I really felt faint and didn't want to continue anymore... I am seriously NOT the daring kind and well, this was my worst phobia..

Nonetheless, there was this thought in my head...
"DIE DIE LAH... JUST JUMP"
and "strangely",
I did.

(all happened so fast and i never had time to comprehend)
but this time,
NO TEARS!!!
*APPLAUSE*

It was so fun I actually intended to try a second time, but we never did because it was kinda "ex". We headed back to the hotel lobby to make scooter rental to roam around the rest of the areas of the resort. The amazing part of Nirwana Gardens was that they actually had a mini zoo in their resorts itself!!! - From snakes, crocodiles, terrapins, parrots, vultures, fishes etc...

(their terrapins unlike sg, they are BIG!)

(our first time seeing a vulture?! 
- dearie was so happy he saw one - 
just grabbed my cam and snapped)

(parrot or cockatoo? i couldn't remember...)

The electronic scooters were really convenient since the resorts' area was really huge... further down away from the zoo were the "kampong-styled stand-alone nirwana chalets... Apart from the fucking FAR distance, it is very quiet and peaceful and they even had spray fountains...

(stylo?)





Further down away from the hotel, zoo and kampong-styled resorts was the waster sports center and beach (for water sports). Anyway, I hated this fucking beach cuz' there were really a hell lot of sand-flies and i was bitten tragically! Furthermore, the beach seemed much dirtier and cumulonimbus clouds were seen forming in the distance - a slight drizzle started..



Much added to the sand-flies, we had already traveled for 1-hour and our scooter rental was up. Despite the slight drizzle, we continued to explore the beach (but this time round, it was the beach outside the hotel area). I strongly agreed that this beach is much more cleaner lor... We picked seashells, saw a hermit crab *kawaii!!!*, went for a swim in the pool, slacked at poolside cafe before we headed back to shower and also to hide from the rain.
(ps: please do NOT swim when you see lightning!!!)

See?!
(dearie looking for seashells...)

(Titled: Corals and Shells
-dearie's artwork-
we kept some of the seashells...)

(lovely sea...)

(small but mighty!)

(back to the ocean little one~)

Evening at Bintan was quite different from Singapore since their time is delayed by an hour. Therefore, 7pm skies are really dark! We saw advertisement of the "RIN" restaurant - a japanese restaurant by the seaside and we checked it out. Well, I had never been to a seaside restaurant in Singapore once and it was really a great opportunity!


(pardon my cam's nightshot - could not see the background)

(
(my favourite - chawanmushi)

(beef tempura)

(grilled gindara aka codfish)

(grilled salmon)

And dinner was spiced up with the dishes plus two bowls of garlic fried rice....
Mmmmm.... 
DELICIOUS!!!

Our moods are also dampened quite a bit as we headed back to our hotel room because we would be heading back to Singapore the very next evening... ;( 
Dinner ended around 11:00 (sg time) and along the way we headed back to our room, we managed to take a glimpse of 2 sleepy iguanas - (adopted and breed by Nirwana)


(Yawns.. watching them sleep made us sleepy..)

No comments: