Wednesday, April 21, 2010

yuki yaki @Marina Square

 Nothing beats a sumptuous dinner and food food and nothing but food after a long hard and frustrated day at work! That was just what dearie and I thought about the other day after work since we were both so pissed and cropped up with work... Initially we decided to just drop there --> "Marina Square" since we haven't been visiting there for quite sometime to catch toys but eventually, we sneaked around and decided to dine there...


Yuki Yaki DIY Restaurant (located just beside infamous kbox)

Honestly, I hate barbeques!!! I seriously disliked going to such "self-cooking" restaurant because firstly I do not know how to cook, secondly I hate and am very lazy to cook (especially when after a tired day out at work), thirdly I do not know how to cook - I've always got problems if I attend BBQ buffets; steamboats etc etc because I seriously cannot gauge whether my food is cooked enough to be eaten or not, fourthly I hate to have smoke in my hair, Fifth I hate to breathe in carbon dioxide (its already crappy to eat lotsa carbon instead of food) and last but not least, I only attend such places depending on whom I am out with.... and haha, dearie suggested so I decided to agree along with him...*winks*

Since both of us were kinda hungry, it was quite a spread as all of you would have guessed...











We've got sushi, barbecued beef, pork and almost any other seafood (despite that dearie didn't consume seafood; well I was the one eating the whole time); boiled scallops etc etc etc and erhem, dearie was the one cooking the whole time after I gave up cooking (or should I say gave up flipping the meats since my hand suffered a small tiny blister after the oil splatted and spilled onto me).

And the stuff which I enjoyed the most was the mushrooms with "dou miao" (a kind of vegetables) cooked by dearie. I was really surprised that his culinary skills were so gooood... Mmmm, really delicious as it happened to be both our all-time favourite dish.

Anyway I also did enjoyed a fair bit after all the cooking and barbecuing when the ice cream time arrived... That was the speciality of Yuki Yaki because you can enjoy making your own ice cream... I chose green tea and dearie chose chocolate, and after that we added on tiramisu and vanilla...


Step 1: Pour the ice-cream mixture into the pan


Step 2: Pour more ice cream mixture



Step 3: Spread Spread; ~Splat Splat~ with the spatula
Step 4: Try to prevent the ice cream from hardening too much ~else you need to scrap hard like him~


Step 5: After a hell lot of effort scrapping


Finally the ice cream starts to break free from below...


That was the most hideous ice cream I have seen in my life! *grins*


Chocolate ice cream's turn

and we even made an art!

*
*
*
*
*

An ice cream sparrow!!
=P

No comments: